Monday, January 5, 2009

My poor little Hailey Bailey...

My poor little Hailey Bailey has been sick for 5 days now. It started on 12/31 she woke up with a dangerously high fever. My thermometer said it was only 101.8 but I could feel that she was burning up. After pacing and trying to figure out if I should call in sick or not, it was New Years Eve and that would be a write up at work, but then I decided that there was no way I could shuffle off my little one to a friends house with that fever and not feeling well. So I called in sick to work and off to Quick Care we went. Surprisingly enough the wait was only a half an hour! The triage nurse took her pulse ox which was 97 (THANK GOD) and then her temp which was 103.3! She was on fire!! My poor baby, and she was still being so good! We were playing and giggling in the waiting room. The doc gave her a dose of motrin and prescribed an antibiotic to hopefully prevent an ear infection. Then off we went only to get home to Morgan who had a 102 fever! Great now 2 sick kids!!! Morgan was OK not too cranky just stuffy and all sick eye (that's what I call her when she gets sick because she gets these really dark circles and droopy eyes, she looks pitiful my poor baby) I gave her some motrin and she just rested. Hailey on the other hand only seems to get worse. She has been sleeping almost 20 hours a day and I can only get her to eat yogurt and applesauce. She wont even drink milk or juice. I am worried that she is not getting any better and she is getting dehydrated now. I called in again tomorrow and we will go see Dr. Downy first thing in the morning, I hope my poor baby does not have RSV :(

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY NEW YEAR NIKKI!! I hope your girls are getting better. Make sure you take your vitamins so you don't get sick too. Love ya, Janel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I hope she feels better soon!!

    ReplyDelete