Monday, January 5, 2009

Hailey is a little better today...

Well I took Hailey to see Dr. Downey today she is still not feeling very well. She had developed a rash from the antibiotic that the stupid ER doc gave her, I knew I should not have given it to her. I knew that she had a viral infection and that a antibiotic was not going to do squat! Next time I will listen to my mommy instincts! Downey said I need to be careful that it does not develop into pneumonia or RSV but other than that just keep doing what I am doing and make she I keep her hydrated. Oh he also said its OK if he is not eating as long as she is drinking. So I will keep an eye on her for today and tomorrow then back to work on Wednesday! She is eating a little more today and I have been able to get milk in her using a syringe, which I never would have thought of but I checked for advice on a mommy message board and it really works! The only thing that I am still worried about is that she is still sleeping like 20 hours. I woke her up this morning at 8:00am to go to the doc and she was back asleep as soon as we got home at 9:30am and was sleeping all day till I woke her up at 3:30pm. She ate mac and cheese and milk and played for a little bit but mostly just cried so I put her back down at 5:20pm and she is passed out without even a whimper! I guess the sickness is just draining her!

1 comment:

  1. Give my Hailey Bailey Care Bear Breer a Great Big Hugs and Kiss :) XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete